Key QoS requirements and recommendations for voice (bearer traffic):
- Voice traffic should be marked to DSCP EF per the QoS Baseline and RFC 3246.
- Loss should be no more than 1 percent.
- One-way latency (mouth to ear) should be no more than 150 ms.
- Average one-way jitter should be targeted at less than 30 ms.
- A range of 21 to 320 Kbps of guaranteed priority bandwidth is required per call (depending on the sampling rate, the VoIP codec, and Layer 2 media overhead).
NetworkJutsu.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.